By year 2020, the University of Mobile, through the work of the university, the influence of her graduates, and as a catalyst for persons of like mind, will be a nationally recognized leader of revitalization of Christian faith and character in America.
The 2020 Vision includes the following objectives :
- In policy and practice, affirm the nature, mission, ethic and revelation of Jesus Christ as articulated in Scripture.
- Intentionally lead men and women into a relationship with Him.
- Offer nationally respected academic programs.
- Continue to promote and instruct the effective integration of Christian faith, academic discipline and vocational practice.
- Adopt methods necessary to gain national recognition.
- Intentionally cross political, geographic and denominational boundaries in the pursuit of objectives.
- Specifically promote and instruct the concepts of freedom and responsibility to God with the corollaries, capitalism and entrepreneurialism as they apply to major areas of study.
- Identify and adopt effective structures, methods and academic and extracurricular programs for the post-Christian environment.
- Identify and adopt effective generation-specific methods of instruction and communication with students and constituents.
- Identify, secure and develop worldwide and non-traditional partnerships for undergraduate and post-graduate instruction, for general funding, and for the achievement of our objectives.
- Maintain, encourage and support a vibrant relationship with our family of Alabama Baptist churches.