The University of Mobile Athletic Training Education Program, utilizing didactic and clinical education, shall, as measured by outcomes assessment:
- Present an educational program that meets or exceeds requirements set forth by CAATE, NATA, and the BOC as measured by both formative and summative evaluation results and success on the BOC exam.
- Use professional development to keep the didactic and clinical educational programs current in terms of trends and issues in the profession of athletic training as measured by student performance and student satisfaction with instruction instruments.
- Incorporate the areas of cognitive, psychomotor and affective domains and their associated clinical proficiencies into the Athletic Training Education Program by utilizing various methods of instruction and evaluation.
- Encourage Learning Over Time of the competencies and clinical proficiencies by athletic training students by leading them through incremental and progressive courses and through direct supervision and evaluation during progressive clinical experiences as measured by Student Stress Surveys, didactic and clinical formative and summative evaluations.
- Follow the Learning Over Time directives of background science, athletic training didactic and laboratory courses, evaluation both formative and summative, practice and evaluation during the clinical experience and clinical experience application to enable athletic training students to develop mastery of the competencies and clinical proficiencies as measured by Student Stress Surveys, ATEP File Reviews and ATEP faculty semi-annual reviews of each athletic training student.
- Place athletic training students in progressive, directly supervised clinical experiences that allow the athletic training student to apply the theories and skills learned in the didactic and laboratory portions of their education and to utilize these under direct supervision in the clinical setting where they may exhibit integrated learning, critical thinking, rational thinking and problem solving skills as measured by Student Stress Surveys, discussions with athletic training students and ACI’s/CI’s, evaluations of athletic training students by supervisors and evaluations of supervisors by athletic training students.
- Expose athletic training students to a variety of other healthcare professionals as measured by adherence to CAATE directives, semi-annual evaluation of athletic training student’s clinical rotations and presentations during the year to the Athletic Training Student Society.
- Prepare athletic training students to be successful on the BOC Exam as measured by performance on the BOC Exam.
- Providing athletic training students with the desire and tools to become lifelong learners capable of contributing to the profession of athletic training as measured by alumni surveys, employer surveys and by keeping in close contact with program graduates.