Students who are not citizens or legal residents of the United States of America are considered international students. International applications must submit the following:
- completed international application
- non-refundable $50 application fee
- financial affidavit
- photocopy of the following, if transferring from an institution located in the United States: SEVIS I-20, I-94, a valid passport, and transfer eligibility form
- a degree that is equivalent to the B.S. or B.S. at a United states institution
- official transcript(s) from institutions attended
- evaluation and English translation of transcripts from colleges or universities not located in the Unites States
- official TOEFL score of 550 or better on the paper-based tesd, 213 or higher on the computer-based test or 79-80 or higher on the internet-based test.
- the appropriate official satisfactory test score taken in the United States before enrolling in a graduate level class
- a trial schedule as full-time student (9 hours) for graduate students.
Coursework taken at foreign institutions:
Undergradate course work taken at a foreign institution must be evaluated for U.S. institution equivalence. Foreign course work must be evaluated by one of the services listed below. Master of Arts in Education international students must use the World Education Services, Inc. per the Alabama State Department of Education guidelines.
World Education Services, Inc.
Bowling Green Station
P. O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087 / USA
Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
International Educational Consultants
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173 / USA
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P. O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470 / USA