The main athletic training room is located within the Jim and Dot Boothe Athletic Training Education Building. This building is a 2400 square foot complex that is located across from the cafeteria. The modalities available include: ultrasound, electrical stimulation units, cryotherapy, whirlpools, hivamat, game ready, paraffin, iotophoresis, and hydrocollator packs. In addition, there are 6 treatment tables and 2 taping tables located within this area.
The main training room also houses Encore Physical Therapy which serves both community patients and UM student athletes, faculty, and staff. The rehabilitation area has a variety of tools and equipment to allow a seamless transition for UM student athletes to work back into their sport with as little time lost as possible.
The secondary training room is located in Pharr Gym and serves to provide treatment and taping options for UM basketball and volleyball teams and their opponents. This training room houses emergency equipment as well as additional athletic training supplies.
What to bring if you are a visiting team:
* Stocked training kit
* A letter from your Certified Athletic Trainer if there are athletes with specific medical conditions or concerns.
* Insurance information for your team- both primary and secondary
What to know if you are a visiting team:
* All taping and treatments should be arranged in the main training room, not at the field.
* Athletic trainers do not arrive at a field until 30 minutes before the game.
* The training room is open approximately 2 hours prior to each game.
* A phone call or email will suffice to let us know when to expect you for taping
* During the game, your team will be supplied with water, cups, injury ice, and access to basic emergency supplies.
* Please remember that we do have our own sports to take care of and your patience is appreciated.