posted on June 03, 2014 11:41
The University of Mobile was recognized nationally in two marketing and public relations competitions that spotlighted excellence in design, publication, writing, website, events and advertising.
The Christian university’s Marketing & Public Relations Office was recognized in the 29th annual Educational Advertising Awards sponsored by Higher Education Marketing Report and the 50th annual Wilmer C. Fields competition sponsored by the Baptist Communicators Association. Winners in both competitions were announced during Spring 2014.
The Educational Advertising Awards is the largest education advertising awards competition in the nation, according to Higher Education Marketing Report. The Wilmer C. Fields competition encompasses communication professionals in Baptist organizations worldwide.
Educational Advertising Awards presented to the University of Mobile were:
- Silver Award – Total Public Relations Program: 2013 Christmas Spectacular
- Silver Award – Newsletter: Charitable Estate Planning (Lesa Moore, JWA Creative)
- Bronze Award – TV Advertising, Single: Learning, Faith, Leadership (Trey Taulbee)
- Bronze Award – Website: University of Mobile Magazine Online (Trey Taulbee)
- Merit Award – Total Public Relations Program: 2013 Project Serve
- Merit Award – Direct Mail: Leadership Banquet Christmas Postcard
- Merit Award – Outdoor Advertising: Ram Country Billboard (Lesa Moore, JWA Creative)
Baptist Communicators Association awards presented to the University of Mobile were:
- First Place, Feature Writing – In the Center of Worship (Kathy Dean)
- Second Place, Logo Design – Connections (JWA Creative)
- Second Place, Billboard Design – Ram Country Billboard (Lesa Moore, JWA Creative)
- Second Place, Special Events – 2013 Leadership Banquet
- Third Place, Website – University of Mobile Magazine Online (Trey Taulbee)
- Third Place, Feature Writing – Sweet Dreams (Will Drake)
- Third Place, Newsletter Design – Charitable Estate Planning (Lesa Moore, JWA Creative)
- Third Place, Magazine Design – University of Mobile Magazine
The award-winning materials were produced by the UMobile Marketing and Public Relations Office, a department of the Office of Institutional Advancement under the direction of Brian Boyle, vice president. Lesa Moore is executive director of Marketing & Public Relations. Team members include Jay Adcock of JWA Creative, Kathy Dean, Will Drake, Hali Givens, Shannon Mason, Terri McNellage, Amanda Pritchard, Nancy Snodgrass and Trey Taulbee.
Ram Country Billboard
2013 Project Serve
University of Mobile Fall 2013 Magazine
University of Mobile Charitable Estate Planning Fall 2013 newsletter
About the University of Mobile:
The University of Mobile is a Christian university located in Mobile, Ala., on an 880-acre campus near Gulf Coast beaches. More than 1,600 students are enrolled in more than 40 undergraduate and graduate programs in the College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business, School of Christian Ministries, School of Education, School of Nursing, School of Worship Leadership, Center for Performing Arts/School of Music and Center for Adult Programs.
For more information about the University of Mobile, visit the website at www.umobile.edu or call Enrollment Services at 1.800.WIN.RAMS or 251.442.2222.